Going Digital: Best Practices for Implementing a Field Operations Solution
Watch our latest webinar to find out:
- What value does a field operations solution provide?
- The questions you should ask when selecting a field operations platform.
- A checklist for making the right selection.
- Best practices to successfully go live on your new platform.
What value does a field operations solution provide?
- “My technician callbacks are becoming more frequent. How do I reduce that?”
- “My office team is spending a lot of time manually entering field information into our system.”
- “My team is relying on pen and paper for work orders, scheduling, invoices, quotes, etc.”
- “I’m sitting on invoices from weeks ago.”
- “It’s hard to know which technician is the most profitable.”
- “Completing payroll is challenging and stressful.”
- “Our technicians don’t have job history information readily available.”
- “It’s hard to know which areas of my business are generating the most profit.”
- “Inventory tracking is a nightmare.”
The questions you should ask when selecting a platform
Features & Functionality
- How does the solution work with your accounting system?
- Will purchase orders flow back to your own accounting software?
- Is the scheduling drag and drop?
- Can my techs quote right from the field?
- Will these features help me invoice faster?
Total Cost of Ownership
- After selecting the platform, will there be an implementation fee?
- How many hours will your team spend on implementation and training?
- Data migration costs?
- What consulting services do you charge after going live?
- Are there any integrations offered out of the box?
- Payment solutions, GPS, other workforce solutions?
- Is there a customer facing API that can be used for custom integrations?
Ongoing Support for Success
- Are you getting quality support that understand your business or are you getting offshore support?
- How do you interact with support, phone, chat, and or email?
- Hours of operation?
A checklist for making the right selections.
- Designed for residential or commercial contractors?
- Geared for small business or enterprise?
- Time capture / payroll features meet your requirements?
- Support for same day invoicing to speed up cash flow?
- Does the accounting integration meet the CFO’s needs?
- Who manages inventory?
- Who manages purchase orders?
Best practices to successfully go live on your new platform
- Get internal buy-in: Stakeholder sign off (office & field representation).
- Build your implementation team: The implementation lead must have someone will full operation knowledge of your business.
- Train and drive adoption: Adopt and train the trainer mentality.
- Clear data migration principles: Be careful of data black holes
- Analyze performance: Success criteria and go-live goals
- Use the entire solution: Ask your software provider if you’re seeing all the benefits of the platform.